Liquidity mining on Tezos

I guess we’ll have to just wait to experience the tzBTC pool.

GREAT!

I can be won with good examples.

I 100% agree with you on this. I believe we’re not gonna see a decent level of activity on the network until you can make money here on tezos

it’s not true. If dexter gave away a token that didn’t control anything but cost a lot that’d be a better incentive.
basically what I’m saying, it’s not about governance, it’s about making money :wink:

I love the idea of Compound as a protocol because it allows people to make money and for me it’s key.
Same goes for AAVE.
And I’d love to see tokens that get part of the cash flow e.g. the stability fee on Kolibri splits between the stability fund, the dev fund and token holders

I’ll look into BarnBridge, you got me interested

There are literally billions of dollars of examples of live governance tokens that deliver value and cash flow to holders, AND govern their respective protocols. Then their are plenty of examples that have a loose value prop yet deliver hundreds of millions of dollars to ecosystem participants. I would love a pump and dump shitcoin or a scammy yield farm on Tezos, or just any real economic activity or capital deployment opportunities. Hate on gov tokens all you want, without proper incentives we’ll see no activity on Tezos. Even Avalanche has absolutely massive volume/activity on chain with a bunch of yield farms and liquidity mining programs. Would love to see just one on Tezos.

edit: just checked on markr.io and avalanche has $215,000,000 in pools and $22,500,000 24hr volume, and I’m pretty sure that’s not even half the activity for all of avalanche. Guess that’s what happen when you properly incentivize folks economically. Who woulda thought?

Look I agree with you on incentives and I support every possible activity on the network, I’d love to see even a p&d or whatever.
But giving away a token is not enough, it has to have some value. otherwise it’s gonna just be a dump fest

Agreed; uni, comp, and png are good examples of valueless tokens that dumped to zero and hurt the underlying platforms they operate on.

Yeah uni and comp were massive pump and dumps, both wayyy down from all time highs, lots of people lost money. No value all scam.

1 Like

As long as we can prevent kolibri and dexter from launching gov tokens we can prevent a similar tragedy on Tezos.

1 Like

can we delete all this unrelated stuff and talk on any telegram chat?

Great trolling @trolleps :joy:.

@sophia will this be up for voting after Florence? As much as I care about tokenomics and other governance-related tokenization issues, I also want us to be urgent in launching something :slight_smile:. If this were up for voting today, I’d say yes (for whatever my vote is worth!). And I hope the core team sees value in this long discussion for future improvements beyond Lqiuidity Baking v1.0!

Yes, liquidity baking will for sure be in the next protocol proposal :slight_smile:

5 Likes