Releasing version 9.2 of Tezos node

Version 9.2 has just been released.

This version adds Granada, a protocol proposal for Mainnet featuring, among others, the Emmy* consensus algorithm, Liquidity Baking, and reduced gas consumption (see Granada’s announcement here: Announcing Granada). Version 9.2 also improves how the mempool chooses which operations to keep. In particular, this should result in fewer endorsements being missed.

Full changelog and update instructions are available in the version 9 release page: Version 9.2 — Tezos (master branch, 2021/05/31 13:32) documentation

The Git tag for this release is v9.2 and the corresponding commit hash is bc2cc86f9769798df9f80da0df145597cff7401b . Branch latest-release now points to this new tag.

3 Likes

I receive this error when trying to update:

gcc vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src/lmdb_stubs.o (exit 1)
(cd _build/default/vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src && /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -lpthread -Wstringop-overflow=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wbad-function-cast -Wuninitialized -pthread -O2 -g -g -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/ocaml -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/result -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/rresult -o lmdb_stubs.o -c lmdb_stubs.c)
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wstringop-overflow=0’; did you mean ‘-Wstrict-overflow=’?
gcc vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src/mdb.o (exit 1)
(cd _build/default/vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src && /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -lpthread -Wstringop-overflow=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wbad-function-cast -Wuninitialized -pthread -O2 -g -g -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/ocaml -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/result -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/rresult -o mdb.o -c mdb.c)
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wstringop-overflow=0’; did you mean ‘-Wstrict-overflow=’?
gcc vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src/midl.o (exit 1)
(cd _build/default/vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src && /usr/bin/gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -lpthread -Wstringop-overflow=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wbad-function-cast -Wuninitialized -pthread -O2 -g -g -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/ocaml -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/result -I /home/[user]/tezos/_opam/lib/rresult -o midl.o -c midl.c)

1 Like

Make sure to run the remove command below before building deps

rm -rf _opam _build

I did it. It does not compile. And apparently after the upgrade it deleted the binaries (node, endorser, baker, accuser)… Stuck here… Node is down :frowning:

1 Like

It looks like your version of gcc is too old. If upgrading gcc is not an option for you, you can:

• try to edit file vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src/dune and to remove -Wstringop-overflow=0 from it;
  • use the Docker images instead of compiling from source;
  • or use the static binaries.
4 Likes

Thank you very much, guys, for your quick reply. I will try again in some minutes. Will first try to upgrade gcc. If it does not work, will edit the file.

1 Like

Ok! Node up and running. I’ve successfully upgraded to 9.2. For those who are using Debian and not able to have gcc 8 or 9, you can upgrade Tezos-node to 9.2 just fine if you edit the file vendors/ocaml-lmdb/src/dune and to remove -Wstringop-overflow=0 from it, as mentioned by NomadicLabs. It will then compile correctly on Debian. Thanks!

3 Likes

I would backup the node ID and addresses and try from scratch.

In .node hidden folder you can find the node ID files.

Thank you! I have successfully built from a new build but have not tested an upgrade yet.

Been on Gradanet and ready to help with more testing.