Tezos Domains Sunrise
In this article, we would like to share a quick update about the state of the Tezos Domains project and the upcoming sunrise period.
During the sunrise period, you can get a free Tezos Domain for your public open-source Tezos-related project or public baker (one domain per project/baker). The domain expires in one year from launch with the possibility to renew at any time during that period.
The main reason for a sunrise period is to protect existing projects and bakers from domain squatters and the risk of being impersonated.
If you meet the requirements head to Tezos Domains - Sunrise to reserve your domains!
The sunrise period ends on 3/31/2021!
Don’t worry if you don’t qualify for the sunrise period — you will be able to get your domain through the initial auction with the minimum bid at 1 XTZ!
Please do not submit personal domain requests from the sunrise period form.
Tezos Domains on Edonet
We are happy to report that a test version of our dApp is now available at https://edonet.tezos.domains.
This is edo2net test network which is running the same protocol as the current mainnet (PtEdo2ZkT…).
Since last time, we have added and improved a lot of things.
- Auctions — you can now participate in auctions, see all bids, your current auctions, and auction history (we have testing auction TLDs
.a3that rotate so each day a different one is allowing to place bids).
- Activity — you can view all activity (blockchain interactions) on your account page.
- Harbinger integration — the dApp shows you approximate USD equivalent when you are placing a bid or buying a domain.
- Email notifications — you can subscribe to email notifications about being outbid, and winning or losing an auction.
- Gravatar integration — when you set email or Gravatar hash in the additional data of a domain with a reverse record, you will be able to see the avatar associated with your address on our site (and any service that integrates with it in the future). You can generate a hash from your Gravatar email here.
- We updated to Beacon 2, which brings improvements and more supported wallets in the “connect” experience.
- Lots of UI improvements.
You can use any Beacon compatible wallet or Ledger natively.
We welcome everyone to test it out and register domains, play with auctions with their Edonet accounts. Do not hesitate to let us know if you find a problem or have ideas for improvements. Please note though, that we will not migrate any data to other testnets or the mainnet.
This is for testing purposes only!
Mainnet Launch Schedule
We aim to launch Tezos Domains on mainnet in April 2021. Security audit with Quantstamp will take a place during March for the smart contracts and client libraries.
Mainnet launch will allow everyone to get their domain name through auction. In the first phase, we are planning to open the auction for all names that are equal to or longer than 5 characters. Shorter names will become available in auctions in a later phase during this year.
We would like to extend our thanks to Tezos Foundation for continuously supporting the project and making it possible.
We would also like to thank everyone in the Tezos ecosystem that opted to work with us and integrate Tezos Domains into their products or projects. Tezos Domains wouldn’t be possible without your help!
About the Team
The team at Agile Ventures has been working with Tezos since the early alphanet days. We have created two open-sourced projects focused on helping developers interact with the Tezos data and events easier and are hosting publicly available endpoints at TezosLive.io.
Join the Conversation
As always, we want to invite everyone to join the discussion. Do you have a question or feedback about Tezos Domains as a whole or any of its parts? Let us know!
And if you want to chat, come join the Tezos Domains Group on Telegram!