Email or contact method:
Are you applying on behalf of a company, or as an individual:
Here & Now Immersive Experiences
6. Name of project or idea:
Antidote Events by HERE & NOW
7. Detailed description of your project or idea and why you believe it deserves funding:
We will curate and host a series of captivating virtual art events every two weeks over the span of six months. These events will take place within our custom galleries on platforms like ‘oncyber’ or similar virtual spaces. Our programming will encompass art tours, artist talks, and live music performances. These six months of events will culminate in a grand festival, marking the return of our highly successful and beloved Antidote Festival."
8. What type of background or experience do you have and your team have in building out a project like this:
We have a rich history and reputation of organizing successful community events that prioritize innovation, quality, and the contributions of artists. Our goal is to ensure these events are inclusive and accessible to all and our goal with these Antidote Events is to attract new artists and collectors to the Tezos community, but also support the existing community.
Our recent debut event, ‘Antidote Festival,’ was a tremendous success, drawing over 2000 attendees in just 4 hours. It featured multiple environments with panels, live music, art tours, and social zones, all happening simultaneously. This success has inspired us to want to create more regular events that the community can rely on and trust as valuable experiences. We are fortunate to be able to approach and collaborate with some of the world’s leading digital artists and thought leaders in the digital art space.
Additionally, we have a strong partnership with ‘oncyber,’ who is very supportive of our experience and will actively promote our events on their website and social media platforms, as they have done for our past events. We also enjoy the trust of Tezos marketplaces, with whom we’ve had fruitful collaborations. For instance, in ‘Antidote,’ they each organized their own events within the larger virtual festival."
We have tremendous amount of respect and success within the tezos eco-system and to have the support from this grant will allow us to take it to new heights.
10. Funding amount being requested (please make sure the DAO treasury can currently support it, suggested range is 500–20,000 tez depending on project requirements and value):
Community Events Manager: 11,000
HERE & NOW will hire Wendy Sherman as our community events manager. Wendy has helped us with multiple events and will be a great addition to the team. This is for running 2 events every month for 6 months.
This would include all marketing and promotional of the events over the course of 6 months.
Project Lead: 6000
Michael Beets will be the project lead and will help run the events, organise artists, curate the spaces, and make sure it’s running in line with the HERE & NOW ethos.
Moderator Fees: 1000
We would like to pay a small fee to any moderators who help us during the art talks and art tours as a token of appreciation.
11. Tez address to be funded (please verify accuracy):
12. Proposed goals/GPIs to deliver for the requested funding (funding may be broken into two tranches, with final half distributed after some proven deliverables):
We propose two tranches.
- 10,000 delivered on approval. We will get to work on the following three months of events which can be seen as deliverables.
- Final 10k delivered after the third month. The events themselves over the previous 3 months can be seen as milestones.