Deprecated in favor of Babylon 2.0.1 (PsBabyM1)
Includes Emmy+, delegatable tz1 addresses, Michelson upgrades to improve compilation from high-level languages, hardened governance mechanisms, and more. Refines Babylon 1 to ease transition for bakers and developers using custom signers.
After receiving feedback on the Babylon 1 proposal, Nomadic Labs, Cryptium Labs, and the Marigold team proposed a new tweaked version of the proposal: Babylon 2. The tweak should make integration easier for bakers and developers: in particular, the representations for endorsements are less likely to break custom signers.
Otherwise, Babylon 2.0’s changes to Tezos match Babylon 1, including:
- A new variant of our consensus algorithm, Emmy+, that is both more robust and simpler to analyze
- New Michelson features which assist Tezos smart contract developers and designers of higher-level languages (e.g. SmartPy, LIGO, Lorentz)
- The changes made to Michelson in this proposal intend to simplify smart contract development by making the code of complex contracts simpler and cleaner.
- An account rehaul that establishes a clear distinction between accounts (tz1, tz2, and tz3) and smart contracts (KT1)
- Makes implicit accounts (i.e. tz1, tz2, and tz3 accounts) able to delegate and KT1s are for contracts
- Replaces KT1 accounts with formally verified KT1 script (with same semantic)
- Refinements to the quorum formula and a new 5% proposal quorum
- A Proposal will require 5% support in the Proposal Period to proceed to the Exploration Vote Period
- The Quorum floor will be set to 20% and a Quorum cap set to 70%
- Babylon: Proposal Injected! from Nomadic Labs, Cryptium Labs, and Marigold
- Emmy+: an improved consensus algorithm from Nomadic Labs
- Details about Babylon 2.0.1, which patches minor performance bugs in Babylon 2.0
- Michelson updates in 005 from Nomadic Labs
- On Quorum Caps: Meanwhile at Cryptium Labs #1 Part II from Cryptium Labs
- Cryptium’s reading list to prepare for Babylon
- Critical update instructions for wallet developers about delegation from Nomadic Labs
- Protocol 005_PsBabyM1 Babylon
500 ꜩ to a multisig at KT1DUfaMfTRZZkvZAYQT5b3byXnvqoAykc43