Increase the gas limit per block and per operation by 30%, correct the formula used for calculating baking rewards and fix various small issues.
The Carthage proposal, a joint effort from Nomadic Labs and Cryptium Labs, is referred to as a housekeeping proposal as it does not include large features, but rather focuses on code cleanup, adding optimizations, and fixing small issues on the existing protocol version. The only novelty is an increase in the gas limit which will allow executing more smart contracts:
- The gas limit per operation was increased from 800,000 to 1,040,000
- The gas limit per block was increased from 8,000,000 to 10,400,000
Another relevant change is that the formula used for calculating baking rewards was improved in order to provide more accurate results:
- The baking reward formula was changed to make it linear in the number of endorsements included instead of a step function.
Carthage also contains several improvements to the Michelson smart contract language.
- On the Carthage Proposal and the Carthagenet Test Network from Cryptium Labs
- Carthage: changelog and testnet from Nomadic Labs
This proposal doesn’t contain an invoice.