How to write a Tezos protocol

Hello,

I am currently going through the great blogpost how to write a Tezos protocol.

While I am at it and not finished I see that the conclusion states that:
In the next post, we will present demo_account, an account-based protocol, where transactions and blocks must be signed in order to be valid.

But I cannot find another post related with this. Will this be released in the future?

3 Likes

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed these tutorials, @RonSwanson!

Indeed, the project to write the third installment of this series was put on hold – including the development of the demo_account protocol – as priorities changed. At this moment, it is not a top priority in our roadmap to resume work on this.

We will, of course, revisit this decision if more people manifest their interest.

2 Likes

What a shame! But I hope to see it happen in the future :slight_smile: This is great resource that I can provide for people at university as introduction to blockchain and Tezos. And this is a great path we should try to pursue as this is a great chance to onboard enthusiastic tech people.

1 Like

This is great resource that I can provide for people at university as introduction to blockchain and Tezos.

Can you elaborate on the context of this? What sort of students, what level, what’s the syllabus? We might have some other resources around from other similar experiences – and there might be other folks willing to join this discussion fork.