Kaizen - A perpetual, incentivized, every-improving testnet

We are moving forward, it looks like due to unknown political reasons @nicolasochem can’t help out any more, not sure. Really sad that @rafoo doesn’t think this is necessary just because it isn’t useful for him and the “top devs”, his support would have much appreciated.

I’ve had over 3 of the biggest Dapps building on Tezos approach me asking me to continue with this, so we will form a separate team to get it going again. I really hate that we have this kind of political power struggle going on in Tezos because money is so tight.

Due to community vote we will find another way to incentivize bakers to help us out on testnet, either through a grant process or some other means. If anyone is interested in helping out, please reach out to me on the baker slack. Again, my goal was NOT to divide the community through a “fork”, but to use this testnet as a tool to grow the baking community and help out our devs, period.

I don’t think that it isn’t necessary because it is not useful for me. I am just against disincentivizing users to test protocol proposals early.

That being said, I don’t understand why you care so much about my opinion.

You are essentially saying you will have nothing to do with helping long term testing in order to keep the small amount of early testing viable (because it’s the only game in town).

Perhaps if it was not the only game in town, if our dapp devs had the ability to use all the useful testnets they chose, they would be more apt to contribute and others would perhaps also join in this new helpful atmosphere.

I can already imagine running a campaign with all major dapp devs to use the early testnets for the good of their software and the Tezos protocol.

You see, @Xelendor1 cares about your opinion because even a blind man can tell the weight it carries.

1 Like

This is great- ideally the balances of Tezos mainnet should be forked so Kaizen is an exact replica of Tezos at the moment it goes live- but due to the community oriented nature of Kaizen, I’m not sure it would be productive to duplicate TF & DLS balances; the most prudent course of action would be to prune these out, or redirect some to a community fund. Very excited for Kaizen!!!