Language Support

What languages should we support in Agora going forward?

Some that came to mind as highest priority:

• Spanish
  • Russian
  • Chinese
  • Japanese
  • Korean
4 Likes

Hi community,
I would suggest to integrate Deepl from the team of linguee.com (https://www.deepl.com/translator).
It is a translater which delivers nearly perfect results for the languages:

• English
  • German
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Portuguese
  • Italien
  • Durch
  • Polish
  • Russian

I am using it frequently for German to English translations and I translate French articles about Tezos with its help.
The teams could therefore write the articles in their preferred language and autotranslate them into all the others.
Best regards
jdsika

3 Likes

Generally I think the great opportunities for translation are in places with lower English penetration (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Russian). Could also see ROI for Portuguese translations of amendments given the size of Brazil and the increasing interest in blockchains there.

The main bottleneck will probably be ensuring technical correctness of the translations.

Would be interested in discussing this further as we explore translations in the languages I mentioned in the first post.

2 Likes

And what should be translated?

A quick list:

1. Learn page
  2. Overall site / voting explorer
  3. amendment details (e.g. Emmy+ blog post, main proposal post) and key migration resources

This could also be the chance for someone out of the community speaking a language and wanting to have a way to contribute by doing these translations.

2 Likes