Moving 5% of foundation WarChest ON-CHAIN

100%. Tezos has achieved so much and imo is technically superior to all other projects among the top 25. However, there is not sufficient non-technical communication. People need to understand why Tezos is a better alternative to Ethereum and even Cardano. Tezos Foundation needs to hire professional PR and marketing people to get this done. Being technically superior without adequate adoption will kill tezos.

1 Like

We are, because we can increase the supply (e.g. inflation funding)
But we are not capable of spending the money that does not belong to tezos

I think this is a great suggestion. If we could implement a treasury smart contract where community has the ability to approve and fund proposals, we can request funds from Tezos Foundation(say 5% of tez at a time) and overtime 100% of tez belonging to the foundation could be used in this manner.

2 Likes

Considering how much fiat and btc TF has, it might not be fiscally responsible to use xtz for this, keeping a diverse set of assets insulates them from market instability- they could wrap fiat or btc as USDtz or BTCtz

2 Likes

I was going to suggest just that, developers wants BTC because is more liquid. If they can unwrap the TZBTC to BTC they will get that liquidity. I donā€™t want developers to be paid in XTZ and dump XTZ.

1 Like

I suspect that if this idea were raised for a ā€œcoin voteā€, easily >95% would signal support.

1 Like

This is a great idea and would spur broad renewed interest in Tezos- itā€™s just a shame Tezos canā€™t get it together and pursue this, such wasted opportunity.

1 Like

Perhaps the next upgrade should consider putting a freeze and reallocating TF funds for community- who is Tezos? The community? Or a couple of individuals in a Swiss boardroom?