Seeking for funding to carry out fashion illustration trainings in nigeria & web3 as a whole

I’m applying as an individual and the name of my project is called, THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT.

• ABOUT THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT

The FASHION DREAM PROJECT is a project that is aimed at empowering the next generation of aspiring Web3 Fashion Designers/Fashion Artists in Nigeria and beyond Web3 with the skill of Fashion Illustration; thus helping them to fulfill their Fashion Dreams.

The project is to train people with the skill of Fashion Illustration through virtual classes and in-person classes.

Fashion Illustration is the act of interpreting Fashion Ideas through sketches, Manual or Digital drawing. Fashion Illustration is also a skill in the facet of Cloth-making and very indispensable in the process of Cloth-making too.

The project is going to consist of Manual And Digital Fashion Illustration training.

The Manual Fashion Illustration training involves learning how to interpret a design concept/idea through Manual drawing, using a Sketchpad, pencil, eraser, ruler, sharpener and colored pencils.

The Digital Fashion Illustration training on the other hand involves learning how to interpret a design concept/idea through Digital drawing, using a laptop/desktop, a graphic tablet, a stylus pen and software.

Asides the fact that Fashion Illustration is important in the process of cloth-making, it is also another facet of Art that is incredibly needful in web3, especially for Fashion Creators as regards designing their Avatars for the metaverse.

The plan is also to train our community members the skill of Fashion Illustration through our project and onboard them into the NFT space. This will help them sell their Fashion Arts to potential collectors in the space; thus fulfilling our mission to empower them with a skill that will cater to their needs.

We aim to utilize the Tezos blockchain which is such a phenomenal blockchain, especially for it’s low gas fees for minting and listing; which is just a perfect move for a newbie Artist in the NFT community.

Below are some of the problems that THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT is aimed to solve especially in the Fashion community:

1. The inability for both aspiring Fashion designers and existing Fashion Designers to interpret Fashion design ideas or concepts through illustration; thus eradicating the act of imitating certain designs by other Fashion Designers.

2. The problem of not creating original fashion designs, bespoke designs, without solely dependent on magazines, blogs, Instagram fashion or other designs.

3. The Fashion Dream Project will help to create more awareness on the importance of Fashion Illustration as a lucrative career; thus getting more people to support their children when they decide to choose it as a career.

4. Our project will solve the problem of little inclusiveness as regards the showcase and support of Fashion Illustrations in NFT marketplaces.

5. Our project will solve the problem of lack of jobs in Fashion Illustrations as the project will help hundreds of Fashion Illustrators be onboarded into the NFT COMMUNITY , thus selling their Fashion Arts to potential collectors.

We intend to solve these problems, too through the Fashion Dream project by first introducing the basic yet integral aspect of Fashion Illustration called MANUAL FASHION ILLUSTRATION. We’ve trained over 4000 students in the past and they all passed through this pivotal aspect of Fashion Illustration.

Through this phase of the training, a student get to learn the step-by-step form of a human body, how to clothe the human body as well as how to draw different dress details on the human body. By dint of this, they’ll be at the verge of interpreting whatever Fashion design concepts/ideas that have.

WHAT INSPIRED THIS PROJECT:

This project is very important to me because of my journey as a Fashion Illustrator. I know what it feels like to have a Fashion dream but with no one to believe in it and fulfill it. My Mom is my greatest inspiration because she used to be a Fashion Illustrator back in the days. I grew up watching my Mom create amazing Fashion Illustrations using a Sketchpad and her favorite pen. My passion for Fashion Illustration become evermore stronger by dint of my Mom’s passion for it; hence the reason I decided to venture into it. However, my father was totally against me toeing that line. In fact, at a point he told me to choose between completely forfeiting my Fashion Illustration Dream and receiving support for my Education. I was torn between two very pivotal choices because both were very important to me. However, I chose my dream of being a Fashion Illustrator, lost out of my father’s support to further my tertiary education amidst other oppositions. I can gladly say that choosing my dream over my Father’s dream for me made me a more fulfilled person. Since 2016 til now, I’ve trained over 4000 people the skill of Fashion Illustration.

So now, through this project, I want to bring to fruition the Fashion Dreams of more people out there.

If we get the support we need, it will tremendously go a long way to help us foster more Fashion Illustration trainings, certify more students, bring about more Fashion illustrators to positively impact the Fashion community and create self-employment for the youths involved in this project.

• THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT DESERVES FUNDING BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING IMPACT IT WILL HAVE:
  1. To improve the lives of people, especially youths in the web3, Nigerian and African community who are lost and with no direction to fulfill their Fashion Dreams

2. To help lots of aspiring Fashion Designers to create their own designs from scratch, which will further help them in the aspect of cloth-making; thereby attracting the right clients to them afterwards.

3. To provide employment opportunities for Fashion Illustrators because the project will be aired on TV, social media, YouTube etc; thus giving them spotlight and attracting more brands, individuals and companies to them.

4. To get more Art Galleries to showcase the Fashion Illustrations of the Alumni of The Project, and have more Fashion Illustrations being showcased in galleries around the world.

5. To onboard Fashion Illustrators from the project into the NFT community. Also, set their profiles on some NFT marketplaces using the Tezos blockchain; thus giving them more leeway to introduce their amazing Fashion Arts to the NFT community and potential collectors too.

6. To train over 1000 youths who are passionate for Fashion and Art before between February 2024 and June 2025.

• BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE OF MYSELF & TEAM.

Because of my early introduction to Fashion Illustration through my Mom, I’ve had over 15 years experience both in Manual and Digital Fashion Illustration. So I strongly believe I’ve enough experience to execute this project. I also have a Fashion Illustration School which was founded in 2019. Through this school, I’ve been able to be acquainted with tutoring and training women/youths the skill of Fashion Illustration. So far, I’ve trained over 4000 people the skill of Fashion Illustration.

Meanwhile, I’ve a small amount of 4 team members and they are so great at what they do . They possess such Elan, creativity, wisdom and kindness.

Below are their descriptions and experiences:

1. Fashion Illustration Instructor: Our Instructor is so skillful in Fashion Illustration with over 15 years of Manual and Digital Fashion Illustration. He is involved in the teaching aspect of the project.

2. Creative Director: Our Creative Director is responsible for the creative aspect of the project, with over 5 years experience.

3. Project Writer: Our project writer helps with the writing aspect of the project including, proposals, Articles etc. She possesses a 5-year experience.

4. Social Media Manager: Our Social Media manager is responsible for managing our socials, especially the one for this project. He possesses a 10-year experience.

• Below are links of what I’ve done or achieved so far:
  1. Pitch Deck Link: PITCH DECK - THE FASHION DREAM PROJECT .pdf - Google Drive

2. Instagram School Page link of our Past/Present Students: https://instagram.com/mmendiefii?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

3. Links to list of students we’ve trained over the years:

i. 🎓MMENDIE FASHION ILLUSTRATION INSTITUTE🎓 on Instagram

ii. 🎓MMENDIE FASHION ILLUSTRATION INSTITUTE🎓 on Instagram: "📃😃BEHOLD!!! The full list of students taught by MMENDIE FASHION ILLUSTRATION INSTITUTE this year, 2020. We are so grateful. In life, don’t let others’ lack of believe in you tear you to shreds. Get up and fight for yourself. In the end, the shame that you successfully proved them wrong will be theirs to bear and they’ll have no choice but to sing your praises loud and clear. MMENDIE. . . #thankful #blessed #grateful #appreciation #love #mmendiescaboodles #happy #gratitude #thankyou #friends #greatness #determination #happiness #life #instagood #faith #focus #motivation #peace #inspired #thanks #smile #great #reflection #photography #2020 #beautiful #inspiration #fufillment #bhfyp"

iii. Log into Facebook | Facebook

1. Project Website: https://thefashiondreamproject.gr-site.com/
  • FUNDING AMOUNT REQUESTED: 2,000 TEZOS

Tezos Address: tz1ZXdsGxz87jWWr1gPUnsRytVybjD6YMveV

As regards timeline and goals to complete the project’s task, it’s a 2-year project starting in February 2024, with a total of 10 training sessions (6 weeks per session).

The Fashion Dream Project:

MILESTONE ONE: Session 1&2 (Starting from February 5, 2024- May 3, 2024)

What it will cover:

12 weeks Training Hall Rent

Generator

Inverter

Laptops for rent (One laptop to each table)

Digital drawing tablets for rent (One drawing tablet to each table)

Microphones (2)

Television for presentation

Whiteboard

Internet/WiFi for virtual classes

Logistics

Textbooks/workbooks for students

Sketchpads & Drawing Materials (Manual Fashion Illustration) for students during this session

Certificates for students during this session

Salaries for team members during this session

MILESTONE TWO: Session 3&4 (Starting from May 13, 2024- August 9, 2024)

THE BREAKDOWN:

Training Hall Rent

Generator & Inverter expenses (Fuel & maintenance)

Sketchpads and Drawing Materials (Manual Fashion Illustration) for new students during this session

Logistics & Certificates

MILESTONE THREE: Session 5&6 (Starting from August 19, 2024- November 15, 2024)

THE BREAKDOWN:

Training Hall Rent

Generator & Inverter expenses (Fuel & maintenance

Sketchpads and Drawing Materials (Manual Fashion Illustration) for new students during this session

Logistics & Certificates

MILESTONE FOUR: Session 7&8 (Starting from January 13, 2025- April 11, 2025)

THE BREAKDOWN:

Training Hall Rent

Logistics & Certificates

MILESTONE FIVE: Session 9&10 (Starting from April 21, 2025- June 7, 2025)

THE BREAKDOWN:

Training Hall Rent

Logistics & Certificates

2 Likes