Tezos Core Development AMA -- Nomadic Labs, Cryptium Labs, DaiLambda

Thanks! Now about our beloved updates :slight_smile:
Undoubtedly, you are doing a great job describing protocol/shell changes in a verbose manner in addition to the release notes. However, some things remain behind the scenes (at least it happened once), like the context migration. And the only people who can trace them are indexer writers or guys making side-by-side diff analysis :slight_smile:
At the risk of being sent to look in the chain, will there be any critical changes (like changes in the contract scripts) in the context in the upcoming update?

2 Likes

Are you interested in or planning to train more people to become Tezos core developers?

Very much so. I personally think lowering the technical barriers to entry to core dev is crucial for this. I plan to write a post detailing my point of view, as it might not be obvious (including to other core devs).

2 Likes

This is too soon to tell, unfortunately.
Nothing is set in stone for the upcoming update.

1 Like

Ah I see how this is confusing. Back in 2018 we started Cryptium as a validator entity and only I was full time working on it. Cryptium (the R&D Team) working on Tezos Core and other R&D officially started in Q1 2019. Ever since the R&D Team started, our involvement with the network has been limited to operating the validator (as it was already fully setup) and participated in governance.

I understand why folks are confused, we’re working on changing the branding so the validator is differentiated from the R&D Team.

2 Likes

How many coffees / red bulls / arizona ice tea are you drinking a day?

2 Likes

A protocol proposal is currently under development together by Cryptium Labs and Nomadic Labs at https://gitlab.com/cryptiumlabs/tezos/ branch proto-proposal, openly so that anybody can follow it.

Something like 1 red bull per week and 1 arizona per quarter.
1 coffee per month (when I see some fancy coffee in machines, such as crême brûley).

Really depends on metrics, and preparations, I’d say 4 to 7 equivalent standard cups :coffee:

3 Likes

four - eight

2 cups a day and lots of ginger tea. Ideally one while looking at a lake or a mountain.

4 Likes

Replying as a non-core dev. On average 2-3 double espressos a day.

2 Likes

Do you like the price increase of tez?

3 or 4 cups of strong coffee maybe? Espresso, normal brewed coffee sometimes Southeast Asian Kopi… Anyway, it does not make me awake at all.

1 Like

yes, it looks pretty

3 Likes
  • If you could set a new roll size now, what would you choose?

• What milestone would you see as an outstanding success for the Tezos network (specifically not in terms of token price)?

1 Like

Can we expect a further increase? Any upcoming projects in the pipeline you want to share?

Why do you think there have not been enough applications being developed on Tezos? Does it have anything to do with the core protocol? i.e., not suitable infrastructure for app developers. Is anything being done to make development easier?

It’s a never ending story. What we currently have are early research prototypes and quite far from battle-tested software. It will probably take another 10 years before the industry stabilises.

2 Likes