- Name: Tezos Kenya
- Email or contact method: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geographic location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Are you applying on behalf of a company, or as an individual: Applying as an individual
- Name of project or idea: Tezos Kenya Community Building Initiative
- Detailed description of your project or idea and why you believe it deserves funding: This project aims to foster the growth, engagement and activities within the blockchain ecosystem in Kenya for purposes of expanding the reach & awareness of the Tezos ecosystem. It will involve multifaceted activities that focus on three core components: (i) developer workshops; which are technical training sessions on Tezos smart contract development & other relevant topics. (ii) Community & Networking Meet-ups; which engage enthusiasts, ambassadors & students on forums such as Tezos Campus Meet & Greet and (iii) Social Media Engagements & Content Creation; which will involve maintaining an active twitter presence through regular posts, threads, weekly twitter spaces and a Tezos Africa Podcast.
- What type of background or experience do you have and your team have in building out a project like this: (i) I have been leading & running the Tezos Kenya Chapter since it’s inception. (ii) Since 2017, I have been actively involved in building, growing and educating the blockchain ecosystem across Africa in different capacities working with a network of thought leaders & influencers on the same.
- Social handles of project, if any: https://twitter.com/TezosKenya
- Funding amount being requested (please make sure the DAO treasury can currently support it, suggested range is 500–20,000 tez depending on project requirements and value): 5,000 XTZ
- Tez address to be funded (please verify accuracy): tz1Xa9Tp2YtfiUSfv7t9EvfT1h2KcSTYigZm
- Proposed goals/GPIs to deliver for the requested funding: (i) Increase awareness and adoption of Tezos blockchain within the Kenyan developer & business communities (ii) Educate the relevant communities and empower them with resources to build on and contribute to the ecosystem. (iii) Create a strong and engaged community for knowledge sharing and collaborations. (iv) Organize 2 in-person Tezos focused developer workshops that will pave the way for a Tezos Kenya Hackathon event & a Tezos Kenya Developers Program (v) Establish a series of Tezos Campus Meet & Greet Sessions that engages student communities in readiness for the establishment of a Tezos Campus Ambassador Program. (vi) Maintain an active Social Media presence on the Tezos Kenya Twitter account & a Tezos Africa Podcast that engages the African based Tezos developers, builders and community leads to share their insights & stories.
Kenya is a key pillar of Tezos community presence in east Africa. Continued cultivation of it is important for Tezos overall as we show that we are a truly ‘global’ ecosystem.
We can observe that Kenya has already started making contributions to the Tezos ecosystem (see Nyayomat from the Tezos Foundation Biannual report below).
Africa is the next destination for web3 entrance and funding to close the digital divide, I strongly believe that Kenya is a tech hub and any Blockchain related solution built on Tezos ecosystem should be given expression. Kudos Tezos Kenya
I appreciate the determination of African/regional leads in this initiative especially for growth awareness and building solutions with Tezos and the ecosystems support to the causes especially with provision of funds. Likely iam borrowing a leaf to startup this very initiative in Uganda. With any recommendations someone can guide on how to start this. Thank you