Week of September 14 - Questions for the Tezos Foundation

If you have a question for the Tezos Foundation, please include below and we will do our best to answer in this week’s update coming out on Friday.

Here is a link to last week’s update.

1 Like

Any clarification on funding status for StakerDao’s wrapped tezos project?

What is TFs view on funding other similar projects in the future where the outcome might end up mostly benefiting rival chains rather than accruing most of the benefit to tezos?

3 Likes

Any plans for a more aggressive marketing campaign? Tezos is seriously lacking on that front. The recent news of Tezos being selected for the CBDC trials should have been amplified everywhere, especially mainstream media (not just crypto media) to enhance brand recognition and bring people into the ecosystem, yet no one is talking about it.

4 Likes

Any updates from the grant recipient Emin Gün Sirer and his team regarding their research on sharding and developing tangible product solutions for Tezos?

3 Likes

Is anyone working on tokenising eth defi primities to tezos? A bridge of wrapping all popular eth tokens to Tezos, building pools on dexter and quipuswap while reducing gas fee and all other friction eth has.

Topic raised by @cryptonoobmaster_69, Wrapped Tezos

2 Likes

I would like to ask the same question. We need more marketing and bizdev people working on Tezos. With hundreds of millions in the coffers, it only makes sense that the Tezos Foundation should lead the way.

Many publications are not even posting big Tezos news. They need a personal relationship and a poke from the TF at minimum to do their jobs. I also hate the fact that’s how things work but it is what it is.

3 Likes

When do you plan a national currency project, banking license and other things promised in the ICO pitch?

5 Likes

It was stated the Tezos Foundation provided a roll so that the Harbinger oracle for Coinbase could post price feeds and that roll pays/covers the fees for posting those feeds (securely using HSMs) forever (if I understood correctly). I believe this is because Harbinger can pay fees with baking rewards. Is this something you would be looking to do on a larger scale to encourage de-fi on Tezos, so many oracles are available for developers to utilize? Maybe even expand it further than just oracles to other Dapps that can pay their fees with baking rewards too (so long as they allow the feature). This way the Tezos Foundation could provide value to the eco-system with a big strength against Ethereum (which has fee issues).

3 Likes

But are we not supporters of shared governance? Real decentralization, if as you propose the foundation retains governance we find ourselves again in a system equivalent to the banking system.

1 Like

I don’t propose they retain governance, just as a precursor until fuller decentralization of treasury funds can happen in a staged process.

1 Like

Very interesting indeed, but I’m afraid you might have to ask your question on the next week’s Q&A to get an answer. Really disappointed at @tezosfoundation for ignoring some important questions from the community this week

2 Likes

Ok thank you I will try to remember to do that.

1 Like

We are going to start the #WakeUpTezosFoundarion hashtag across all social media platforms until the collective community is satisfied that you’re doing an adequate job. If you doubt my words, you should perform your own poll.

3 Likes

I share a tweet with you that I just came across, and which summarizes very well what many of us are thinking

Blockquote

• Engineering builds technology.

• Marketing packages technology into a product or service that solves a problem for a target user.

• Communications/PR tells the world how this product or service is impacting the lives of many and helping society as a whole.

It’s not complicated

If you only focus on engineering, you won’t ever solve any problems for average users. You’ll end with engineers building solutions for engineers, which is a lot smaller subgroup in the general population and has a high barrier of understanding the utility of the tool you built.

@TezosFoundation stop hiding behind engineering. If the tech really is the best then start marketing it or figure out how to better support marketing efforts in the ecosystem.

This is getting fucking ridiculous to watch.

Blockquote

#WakeUpTezosFoundation

5 Likes