Media attention regarding Tezos LIMA upgrade

Tezos is close to activate the newest protocol upgrade LIMA.

When I use the google news search with the terms “tezos” and “lima” there are no results.

Why is that?

Where are Press releases by:

• Tezos Foundation
  • Nomadic labs
  • Maigold
  • others

I don’t seem to be able to find any.
And by Press release, I don’t mean a technical documentation. An actual Press release that points out the features and improvements in in layman’s terms. Something that the Crypto news platforms like Coindesk can use for a story.

Who is in charge of getting in contact with crypto news platforms, regarding Tezos advancements?

Also, where is the media tour by Arthur and Kathleen Breitman or by Roman Schnider regarding this upgrade?
I don’t see any interviews, podcasts, AMAs etc regarding this upgrade.

1. Are we going to see any changes in this negligent behavior?

2. Is there anything we can do, to change this?

1 Like

While I think its (unfortunately) too late to cover Lima I strongly agree to get something going for the upcoming Mumbai proposal that has actually an even better narrative for media coverage!

1 Like

Where are Press releases by: Tezos Foundation, Nomadic labs, Maigold, others

Nomadic Labs, Marigold, TriliTech, Oxhead Alpha, Tarides, DaiLambda, and Functori.have published this:

Why is that?

I’m not very surprised by the lack of interest for Lima from the crypto news platforms though. The only new feature it contains is consensus keys which is very nice for bakers but not very interesting for anyone else.

I think that it’s just not possible to revolutionize the industry every three months so to appreciate the technical achievements happening on Tezos (Tenderbake in the past, Enshrined Rollups in the future) to their true value the communication has to be lower on amendments which don’t radically change Tezos but make these technical achievements possible. That’s only my personal opinion though, I am not very involved in actually communicating on amendments.

That blog post is a start, but I have some issues with it.

• It’s not presented in a public manner, it’s buried in a blog and neither the blog or post seem to be linked on www.nomadic-labs.com or News | Nomadic Labs or tezos.com.
  • It’s confusing for anyone that is not very involved in the Tezos ecosystem, since it for example mentions changes to ghostnet.
  • it includes a call to action, to help test rollups, which deserves it’s own article.

I’m not very surprised by the lack of interest for Lima from the crypto news platforms though. The only new feature it contains is consensus keys which is very nice for bakers but not very interesting for anyone else.

Compared to other news articles on popular crypto news platforms, I wouldn’t agree with that.

This suggests, that there is no person charged with the job of connecting journalists with this information and making sure that the public has the chance to learn about advancements in the Tezos ecosystem.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with this. One of the key “features” that set Tezos apart is the rapid upgrade and the fantastic technical achievements. The foundation should really push this alot harder and get it into all the top crypto news platforms.

Both prior to the upgrade, and afterwards.

imho :blush:

2 Likes